Provide your search criteria here and get result.
Over 600,000 international students across 140 countries choose to study in Australia each year. Below are the primary reasons to choose Australia for further education:
• Globally recognized courses and institutions
• Affordable study cost
• Multicultural and lively lifestyle
• High standard of living conditions
• Friendly environment with great social people
• Beautiful weather conditions with excellent cities like Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth etc..
• Post-study work options for the students to get the Australian work experience.
Application and enrolment procedures vary for each institution. To study in Australia you'll need to apply for both admissions to an institution and also for a student visa from the Australian Government. Below are the basic steps in the process of getting student visa
• Deciding on your preferred course and institution
• Submitting your application to the institution
• Receiving and accepting a Letter of Offer
• Receiving your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
• Applying for your student visa
Each institution will have its own minimum English language and academic requirements.
• Academic requirements
• English language requirements
• Evidence of funds to support your study
• Work Experience
There are five different tests accepted for Australian student visa applications:
• Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
• International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
• Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE)
• Occupational English Test (OET)
• Pearson Test of English (PTE).
English is the common language of Australia. However, as Australia is a multicultural society, you may hear other languages spoken.
You need to exhibit that you are capable of funding your studies by providing necessary liquidity for managing one year of studies. Your funding should be Liquid Assets which can cover
• One year Tuition Fees
• One Year Living Exp (As per Department of home affairs specification)
• Airfare to meet out the travelling expenses
Ideally your close blood relatives need to be your sponsors. Funds need to be show in the name of your Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, and Grandparents.
Browse through the course pages to find out more about entry requirements, subjects offered, and campus and scholarships information. The suggested website is www.cricos.education.gov.au
Tuition fees will vary depending on the course and institution which you had selected. An undergraduate degree could cost anywhere from $15,000 to $33,000; courses in medicine and veterinary science will cost more. Postgraduate programs could cost anywhere from $20,000 to $37,000. The expected living expenses per year will be $20,290
Education Institutions would conduct interviews at the time of issuing offer letter and Confirmation of Enrolments. Only few students based on their profile are interviewed by Australian High Commission, New Delhi.
Yes, you can work while you’re studying in Australia. International students are permitted to work a maximum of 40 hours per fortnight during study periods and unlimited hours during study breaks. There are no work restrictions for students completing masters by research or doctoral degree.
There are 3 intakes and related time to start the process is
• Feb Intake - July / Aug
• July Intake - Jan / Feb
• Nov Intake - Apr / May
Every International should arrange the Health insurance for the duration of the stay in Australia. The education providers will assist in arranging it or you can do yourself. Having OSHC is one of the conditions of the student visa.
All persons, other than Australian citizens require a visa or authority to enter Australia. All Indian citizens require a visa to enter Australia.
Applicants should lodge their applications as early as possible keeping in mind the average processing times and prior to their intended date of travel. The average processing times of visa applications depend on the category of visa being applied for.
You should not purchase non-refundable tickets or accommodation prior to the grant of a visa. Any such purchases are the sole responsibility of the visa applicant. The Department of Home Affairs recommends that you lodge your visa application well ahead of your proposed travel date and finalize travel arrangements after visa issue.
If your chosen university has readily available campus accommodation, it is likely that you will be able to apply for a place in these student halls. If this is not the case, you will need to find your own accommodation. There are various options for your accommodation.